Can anyone recommend me a good workflow management system (WMS), preferably in Python? So far I have been using GNU Make, but it introduces a layer of complexity that I want to avoid. A good WMS should have the following features:
- integrate easily with command line tools and Python scripts,
- simple to use and lightweight,
- handle dependencies,
- provide command line interface,
- provide logging mechanism,
- (optional) provide data provenance.
I know that WMS are very popular in bioinformatics (for example Galaxy), but I am looking for something more general.