I am new user of OpenFOAM, I have to generate a grid of a human body to calculate the convective heat transfer between the body and the environment. Can someone guide me please?
Thanks in advance Moorz
More information: My work is to apply CFD tools for the calculation of the heat transfer between the human body and the environment. The convection and the heat transfer from the body are calculated directly without any empiric information. These are the Questions that need to be answered:
- Is the slender body model sufficient for calculation of the heat exchange on the human body surface?
- What is the sensibility of calculations to the grid used?
- What is the sensibility of calculations to the turbulence model used?
- What is the difference between RANS and URANS computations?
And i need to find the solution of the Reynolds (or LES) equations, while the temperature transport equation is to be found using the OpenFoam CFD code under the following boundary conditions:
- Inlet of the computational domain: The velocity profile is fixed. The pressure is fixed at patm value. The temperature is fixed at the value Tatm.
- Outlet of the computational domain: The velocity, temperature and the pressure satisfy the zero gradient condition.
- Sides of the computational domain: The velocity, temperature and the pressure satisfy the zero gradient condition.
- No slip condition on the human body. The temperature fulls the condition T = Tb on the human body. The temperature distribution Tb is given.
As of now i just need to finish the task of generating a grid for human body and use RANS for calculations. If i do that, i will be given more time to finish other tasks.