Is there an overview available over tensor visualization software?
My personal preference is:
A software which is free, well documented, and offers visualization techniques for different physical second order (or higher-order) tensor fields.
Some modules that I would be interested in
- Hyperstreamlines (eigenvector integration method)
- Geodesics as direction, instead of eigenvectors
- Topological methods (e.g handling of equal eigenvalues, i.e degenerate points, extraction of Finite Lupynov exponent)
- Tensor ellipsoids
- Texture based visualization (HyperLIC,Physical based method)
- Handling of asymmetric tensor fields (decomposition of tensor field into symmetric and anti-symmetric parts, and re-glueing of the resulting visualization, or a direct approach)
Depending on the physical property of the tensor field, different methods are required to visualize the data.
I know about about Mayavi, but there is almost no documentation available for the tensor module, and the module is limited to visualization of a hyperstreamline (singular). The GUI is buggy, and the scripting options seem limited.
There appears to be a very dismal selection for visualization of tensor fields.