I want to use the Numerov method but keep higher-order terms from the Taylor expansions. In the literature, I found the term "Deferred Difference Corrections" for the procedure of first solving the differential equations via the standard Numerov method and afterward adding the higher-order terms. For me, this sounds just like a Predictor-Corrector method. Can someone tell me what the difference is?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.