I have a mesh already partitioned into disjoint groups of cells. What I want to achieve is the following.
- Obtain the adjacency graph for the cell groups.
- Partition the mesh, i.e. generate submeshes from the cell groups in such a way that cells among the interfaces (boundaries of the cell groups) are no longer connected. This leads to new node numbers.
- I do not need to know to adjacency graph of the mesh cells, rather the adjacency of the cell groups.
- Ideally, I am looking for ready software solutions, so that I don't need to reinvent the wheel.
- Python solutions are preferred.
- I work in two spatial dimensions with a single cell type (either fully triangular or fully quadrilateral).
- Efficiency is not my primary concern.
- Typically, in my application, the number of cells is at most 100k, while the number of cell groups is about 250.