I'm working on a finite-volume discretization method with implicit time-integration for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations in Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eularian (ALE) form. So far I've tested the implementation using manufactured solutions similar to the ones by Etienne e.a., JCP 228 (2009). However, I'm also looking for a test case which
- is physically meaningful (e.g. flow around moving objects)
- has prescribed motion (not true fluid-structure interaction)
- needs deforming grids (not just rigid-grid motion)
- is not too complicated (a complete fighter plane is too much),
- is preferably 3D (because some methods will work in 2D but not in 3D)
- is more or less standard (results by others and/or experiments available for comparison)
This would be ideal but other suggestions for testing flow simulations on deforming grids are welcome.